Key Contact:
Mary Ann Stamper, 502-477-6667

File for


The Spencer County Attorney’s Office, Child Support Division, through the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services, locates non-custodial parents and helps obtain financial and medical support from them for their children.

This office collects approximately $1,000,000 of child support each year.

The goals and responsibilities of the Child Support Division:

  • Location of non-custodial parents

  • Establishment of paternity

  • Establishment of financial and medical support

  • Enforcement and collection of support payments

  • Review and modification of support orders

To provide these services the child support program works closely with federal, state and local agencies as well as employers.

Please call Mary Ann Stamper with any questions at 502-477-6667 or click below to send an email.  


Child Support Division
of the
Spencer County Attorney's Office

The Answers You Need


Responsibilities of Custodial Parents

You must contact our office if you have a change of address, telephone number, change of employment or change of residency of the child / children for whom support is owed. You must keep us informed of new information regarding the non-custodial parent.

The length of time to process your case varies depending on the information we have been provided and the type of actions required. Delays can occur if the non-custodial parent lives out of state or if the non-custodial parent cannot be located or served by the Sheriff. Processing a case fully through the court system can take several months. Your case is very important to us, but we request your patience and cooperation throughout the process.

Child Support Voice Response System

The toll-free number (800) 443-1576 provides automated access to child support payment and account information. This system is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You must use your Individual Child Support ID Number provided by the child support agency to access and obtain information from the IVR. In the event your Individual Child Support ID Number is lost or forgotten, please contact your local child support office for assistance.

How to Calculate Your Child Support Obligation

You may estimate your child support obligation on the Kentucky Child Support Interactive Website.

You may also use paper forms to calculate the amount of child support a noncustodial parent must pay.  Click here and scroll down to the section called How to Calculate Your Child Support Obligation to download the instructions and worksheets.